Travel themed papers and embellishments always give me a feeling of eagerness to travel. I had been staring at this collection of roadtrip stickers for the longest time thinking about how Omar and I should really just get in the car and drive somewhere.I have MANY reasons why I love roadtrips, but here are a few:
– I always see at least 1 crazy thing
– They remind me of the vacations I took with my family when I was a young girl
– I have a perfectly valid excuse for eating as many potato chips as I want
– Two words- roadtrip playlist
– I get to split time between chatting with my hubby and reading good books
– I get to experiment with taking photos of new things
– You don’t have the same packing restrictions as with air travel
I know that life in the car can get pretty cramped, but the long drive usually doesn’t bother me as long as I have things to keep myself busy.
A couple of weeks ago we packed a bag and hit the road for a couple of days. We went to Utah where we drove through Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks. Two days was just enough time to see the sites, go on a hike, and avoid crashing into a deer in the middle of the road (true story).
Sometimes I’ll take a collection of embellishments and start using them on a mini album first, then use the leftover pieces to create some layouts. This time around I decided to use some of my favorite pieces from the collection for a traditional 12×12 layout first. I love that little cactus,desert flower, and map of the U.S.!
Okay folks. Who’s ready for a roadrip now?